Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Remembering the altars..........


God's grace is sufficient for this day.......
I am in a very content place in my life. However, 17 years past my life was in a dark phase & only God's grace & mercy sustained me. I learned that God's word is true in all phases of my life, in the valleys to the mountain tops. God's sense of humor with me made me laugh & just reminiscing about it - it still makes me laugh. He would only allow me very short times for self-pity parties, then He would gently nudge me to get over it & get on with the life before me. God placed friends & their children in my life to help me get out of my 'darkness'. Yes, I remember the hurt, loneliness & questions about my future.....but then I would hear God's voice gently telling me "I am the God of yesterday, today & tomorrow - trust me to guide your life one day at a time, for my grace is sufficient for this day". God would bring to mind how He had been faithful to me in the past & how He could continue to be there for me if I would let go & let Him take control. I give praises to God for the tender mercies that He showed me then & continues to this day.

No comments: